SumoSafe Global is a new company with offices in the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia that offers a range of products designed to reduce the damage done to palletised loads during the lift truck handling process and make forklift trucks safer to operate.
“The SumoSafe range includes a number of ingeniously simple yet highly innovative designs that make a real difference to any forklift operator’s business – both in terms of safety and the cost savings that can be made by cutting or even eliminating product damage,” said SumoSafe’s co-founder, Simon Ross.
The SumoSafe range includes:
- SumoBackbone, which is a protective device that can be retrofitted to any make or model of lift truck to minimize the risk of an operator suffering a serious spine or whip-lash injury in the event of his or her truck being hit from the rear by another forklift or reversing into a stationery object;
- SumoSafefork, which is a new design of lift truck fork that takes traditional steel tines and encases the tip within a protective glove, made from industrial grade polyurethane. It significantly limits the impact of a carelessly driven lift truck’s forks against a load;
- SumoGlove, which is a variation on the SumoSafefork, fitted to the tips of a lift truck’s existing forks quickly and easily;
- SumoVision, a system that improves an operator’s forward visibility even when sight lines are obscured by a large bulky load;
- SumoLevel, a new forklift mast tilt indicator system designed to significantly reduce the accidental damage and associated safety risks that are often caused to a pallet, the load and the racking by a lift truck’s forks during the pallet picking and put-away process.
“The benefit to any organisation that installs SumoSafe technology will be quickly realised. They improve operational efficiency and workplace safety to such an extent that payback is almost immediate,” concluded Simon.