Logistics, distribution and storage firm Bullet Express is set to open a new, 44,000sq ft Airport Logistics and Training Centre at Westway Park, next to Glasgow Airport. The company said the development would be underpinned by storage and value-added contracts from several brand names in the retail and manufacturing sectors.
The move follows the launch of a 67,000sq ft storage facility last year at Westway, one of Scotland’s largest, fully enclosed, industrial distribution and office parks. This new £1m-plus investment takes Bullet Express’s total storage capacity to 600,000sq ft, with 40,000 pallets under management and more than 550,000 pallets delivered annually.
Bullet Express’s workforce has almost doubled over the past 20 months to 150 and this new investment will also house the company’s new Training Academy, a 3,000sq ft centre that will ensure continuous development and upskilling of the company’s people.
Once completed, it will be used for management and staff development as well as in-house training for over 100 drivers and warehouse teams. The centre will create a total of eight new jobs, expected to increase to 25 over the coming 12 months.
“This new Airport Logistics and Training Centre adds another dimension to the Bullet Express business as we connect supply chains on a global basis for an ever-growing number of global brands. Investments like these are essential, given the ongoing demands from our wide range of customers. Our people remain central to our success and our Training Academy will enable us to attract and retain the best people from the industry and future-proof our workforce with our own training facility that supports their ongoing development,” said Bullet Express MD John McKail.
Bullet Express’s rapidly expanding network now includes:
• Renfrew: Airport Logistics and Training Centre with 44,000sq ft of storage and a 3,000sq ft training academy – near Glasgow Airport
• Renfrew: Westway Bullet Express Storage Centre with 67,000sq ft of floor storage and easy access to the M8 and Glasgow Airport
• Bothwell: Express Pallet Centre and HQ totalling 200,000sq ft – network distribution.
• Baillieston: flagship Storage Centre totalling 210,000sq ft – racked and floor storage.
• London Road: Glasgow Storage Centre, totalling 32,000sq ft – high-bay racked storage.
• Prestwick: Aerosystems Logistics, satellite operating facility for management, planners, drivers and trucking fleet.