FTA’s ever popular Transport Manager conference series will be back in autumn 2020 at 11 venues around the UK. The conferences, now in their 19th year, will once again highlight and explain key issues for anyone involved with running vehicle fleets, providing professional advice and helping them remain compliant and up to speed on the latest legislative developments.
Topics to be covered by the events’ speakers during the day-long sessions include urban restrictions, lessons learned from COVID-19, HGV platooning, drivers’ hours, practical preparations for Brexit, and a round-up of all the relevant transport legislation for the coming year.
James Firth, FTA’s Head of Road Freight Regulation Policy, comments: “FTA’s 2019 Transport Manager series broke all previous records — more than 1,550 delegates attended — cementing the event’s position as a vital tool for transport managers, enabling them to stay up to date with ever-changing legislation and best practice advice. Traffic Commissioners still require transport managers to demonstrate how they have kept their professional knowledge up to date at application or renewal; FTA’s Transport Manager is a recognised means of meeting this requirement.
“Protecting our attendees, speakers and staff against COVID-19 is our top priority, so delegates can rest assured FTA will take all the necessary safety precautions, in accordance with government guidance.”
Transport Manager will tour the UK from October to December 2020 at the following venues:
- 08/10/2020: Grand Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle
- 13/10/2020: Culloden Estate & Spa, Belfast
- 20/10/2020: East of England Showground, Peterborough
- 22/10/2020: St Pierre Marriott, Chepstow
- 28/10/2020: Doncaster Racecourse
- 04/11/2020: MacDonald Inchyra Hotel, Falkirk
- 10/11/2020: London Heathrow Marriott, London
- 17/11/2020: Hilton at the Ageas Bowl, Southampton
- 25/11/2020: AJ Bell Stadium, Salford
- 02/12/2020: Haynes International Motor Museum, Yeovil
- 15/12/2020: Ricoh Arena, Coventry
Depending on how government guidance develops in the coming months, the events will take place either physically or virtually, ensuring transport managers can receive the very latest compliance insights they need to run their fleets safely and legally, regardless of restrictions under the COVID-19 outbreak.