Fantastic prizes are on offer in FTA’s brand-new event for the logistics industry, the Transport Manager of the Year competition sponsored by Brigade Electronics.
The competition is open to transport managers from FTA member and non-member companies, with entries closing on 19 March. The 50 finalists, selected by a small board from all entries received, will take part in a day of competition at the UK head office of event supporters DAF Trucks in Haddenham on 24 April, completing a number of tasks to test the fundamental knowledge and skills required to be a great transport manager.
All 50 finalists will then be hosted at a ceremony and lunch on 6 May where the competition’s winners will be announced, including the overall Transport Manager of the Year and Young Transport Manager of the Year. The headline sponsor will also be announcing the Brigade Electronics Transport Manager of the Year award winner.
As well as recognition from their peers and other industry professionals, some excellent prizes will be on offer for the winners:
- Transport Manager of the Year 1st place – £1,000 TUI holiday voucher, free place at FTA’s Transport Manager conference in Coventry and two tickets to the 2020 FTA Logistics Awards.
- Transport Manager of the Year 2nd place – £500 John Lewis voucher and two tickets to the 2020 FTA Logistics Awards.
- Transport Manager of the Year 3rd place – £250 Amazon voucher and two tickets to the 2020 FTA Logistics Awards.
- Young Transport Manager of the Year – £500 Hotel du Vin voucher, free place at FTA’s Transport Manager conference in Coventry and two tickets to the 2020 FTA Logistics Awards.
- Brigade Electronics Transport Manager of the Year – £400 Love to Shop voucher.
- The individual winners of each task will receive an ultimate adrenaline gift box from Red Letter Days.
Emily Hardy, Marketing Manager of Brigade Electronics said: “Brigade Electronics is honoured to be sponsoring FTA’s first ever Transport Manager of the Year competition to recognise the tremendous dedication, commitment and talent in the sector, which so often goes unrecognised. Vehicle safety is a key priority for the transport manager, and technology has assisted in this area but in doing so has developed new challenges. The modern transport manager well practised in logistics now has to follow stringent compliance and accident reporting whilst also having to be a data analyst and IT expert. The FTA Transport Manager of the Year competition recognises all these trials and will celebrate the best of the best. This further strengthens Brigade’s relationship with FTA and its commitment to making vehicles and roads safer.”
Will Reeves, FTA’s Sponsorship and Advertising Manager, said: “I’m delighted that Brigade Electronics has agreed to be headline sponsor, supporting FTA with this new initiative aimed at recognising the vital work of transport managers and also presenting their own Transport Manager of the Year award. Transport managers are responsible for operating the trucks that keep Britain trading in a safe and complaint manner, many using cameras and sensors to ensure the safety of vulnerable road users. We look forward to working with Brigade Electronics and seeing them demonstrate their safety products to the finalists.”
To enter the competition, applicants must hold a valid Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage (National or International) or equivalent (in accordance with paragraphs 8 to 13 of Schedule 3 of The Goods Vehicles (Licensing of Operators) Act 1995). Candidates must also be either currently named as an internal transport manager on a standard national or international goods operator licence or employed by a restricted operator licence holder to conduct a role equivalent to transport manager. Consultant or external transport managers are not eligible to enter.